The Lions Clubs carers Weekends are very necessary to family carers who look after family members 24/7. The effects on carers can be very stressful and many carers badly need respite from their caring rolls. Carers suffering from stress or anxiety can avail of counselling. The weekends address many of the problems carers may encounter. Carer’s are made feel at ease throughout the weekends where they mingle and get to know each other in a beautiful tranquil setting in Rosses Point Co. Sligo or Ballyvaloo Co. Wexford. Throughout the weekends Carers discuss their situations in a relaxed environment and relate to each other. Many lasting friendships are made.
What takes place
The carers Itinerary for the weekend:
Register at hotel at 3pm on Friday
Meet and greet at 6pm when the weekend program will be explained .
2 nights B&B including 2 evening meals, lunch on Saturday
2 nights entertainment.
Activities On Saturday
- Proceedings start on Saturday with a motivational speaker.
- The Carers can avail of one to one Counselling.
- Group exercise to music with a personal trainer.
- Beauticians and seaweed/botanical baths (Sligo centre only).
- A stylist gives advice on styling and we have a fashion show.
- Family Carers Ireland will be there to give information regarding benefits/entitlements and training. Family Carers Ireland assist Lions Clubs to select carers who will benefit most from the carers weekends.
The weekends conclude on Sunday after a special blessing for the carers, described by carer’s as spiritually uplifting.